Recipes & instructions for making infused waters & coffee.
Gut-soothing & blood sugar-balancing okra infused water
- 5-10 pieces of raw okra cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- 1/2-1 raw cucumber cut into 1/2 inch diameter slices
- (optional) raw basil or mint leaves
- 1/2 gallon or 2 liters of water
Organic vegetables preferred.
Wash and rinse veg with water and vinegar spray (1 part apple cider or white vinegar to 4 parts water).
Add okra, cucumber, and herbs to water and let sit at room temp overnight (at least 12 hr).
Cool water in fridge, drink as desired.
Optionally can strain okra and cucumber out of water or leave floating in water.
Store in fridge for up to 2 days or make ice cubes for later use.
drinking fruit-herb vinegar water
- 1-2 TBsp apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered, with "the mother").
- plain apple cider vinegar OR
- make a vinegar extract: add 1/2 cup crushed or muddled berries, fruit, or herbs of choice to 1.5 cups straight apple cider vinegar. Let soak for 1-2 days then strain out herbs and fruits, leaving the flavored/naturally sweetened vinegar.
- 1-2 cups filtered water or un-flavored sparkling water/soda
Drink at room temp, cold, or on ice.
Can keep fruit-vinegar extract in fridge for up to 1 month.
vivifying metabolism-stimulating mushroom-cacao latte
- 1-1.5 cup of coffee or water
- 1/2-1 tsp mushroom powder (see notes below)
- 1 tsp - 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 TBsp coconut oil
- (optional) 1 tsp maca root powder
- (optional) 1 TBsp ghee or flax oil
- (optional) 1/8-1/2 cup unsweetened almond, coconut, or hemp milk
- sweeten to taste
Heat 1-1.5 cups of water or make similar amount of coffee, add to large mug.
If desired, add non-dairy milk of choice.
Blend in mushroom powder, cacao, and/or maca using a milk frother tool or small immersion blender.
Combine ghee, coconut, and or flax oil and continue blending.
Periodically stir while drinking.
Suggestions for mushroom powder: powdered Reishi, chaga, or cordyceps work well. Some mixtures are commercially available.
Suggestions for amount of cacao: start with 1 tsp and work way up to 1 TBsp over a 3-4 week period.